Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend- What A Treat!

I finally got a little breather from work to write my Thanksgiving Weekend Recap. I don't know about you, but I have had a few friends on Facebook who have been posting things that they were thankful for leading up to Thanksgiving and the holidays. I wanted to start off with what I'm thankful for this holiday season:
  • I am of course thankful for the Le-Strom families-Travis especially; and our household of four-legged "kids." I can always count on Trav to support me in everything I do. I'm also thankful for my parents and their continued determination. Poppa Le had a rough third quarter this year after experiencing a stroke, so we are blessed that he recovered from it with no major physical disabilities. Again, many thanks to everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers. My mom is so strong and I admire her for her unselfishness and kind heart to all those around her. Now, if only we had the funds to build our dream "Le-Strom" compound out here, we could get all of our  folks to Cali!
  • This year was filled with continuous love and support from our FRIENDS, many of whom are our extended family, which includes our Team In Training crew. I also had the pleasure of joining Team Victorious, a unique group that I got to communicate with virtually, then got to meet some of the members in person at various races.
  • Thanksgiving was a very important day for me. A group of us ran the Nitro Turkey Trot 10K at Point Pinole. The last time I ran a race on Thanksgiving, I had a seizure. This Thanksgiving race, I got to celebrate 2 years of being seizure free! We celebrated back home with a champagne toast. Special THANKS to Travis, Ernie, Charlene, Dom, Nikki and Jen for being a part of this special run and day.
  • Of course I'm thankful for what we are blessed to have (think Maslow's Hierarchy of needs) but truly appreciate our health and physical fitness from the ability to run to the cool people we work out with at Your Body Works, the physical and mental health overall, has been very positive this year.
  • With that, I say to all those reading: CHEERS! Here's to nothing but good things for the rest of the year; and here's to health, love, successes and great happiness for 2013 and beyond!
As I wrap this up, I want to send out a congratulations to my friends Ali & Matt Timmers on the birth of their daughter Avery. We missed each other this past Turkey Day, but shared experiences together nonetheless. I successfully cooked my first Thanksgiving turkey this year, as Travis and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend full of festivities with lovely friends: Ernie, Nikki and Jen here at the Strom house. We started with a winter hat dance party on Wednesday, then the Nitro Turkey Race Thursday, followed by an awesome T-Day dinner with all the fixings. Nikki and I battled Black Friday and then that Saturday, Ernie, Trav and I ventured all the way out to Fremont to do the Quarry Lakes Turkey race -- all so that we could earn our "double down" medals. Yes, I'm addicted to the bling! I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was a spectacular one! Of course, I have a few photos to share below. Until next time!
 Nitro Turkey Race- E-dog, Trav, Dom, Jen, Myself & Charlene

Our Thanksgiving Crew- E-dog, Trav, Jen, Nikki & I

On the menu: Turkey, 2 Stuffings, Homemade Mash Potatoes w/Gravy, Cheesy Potatoes, Candied Yams, Seasoned Cauliflower & Brussels Sprouts. In addition, there was Cranberry Sauce, Olives & Dinner Rolls! Wine, Bloody Mary Bar, Chocolates, Pecan & Pumpkin Pie, not pictured! :)

Quarry Lakes Turkey Race



No comments:

Post a Comment