Monday, April 16, 2012

A Saturday Of Inspiration!

This past Saturday, our team came together for a coached run in Livermore, CA. I was up around 5am, and carpooled in with some of my friends for a 7:15am start time. This weekend I decided to once again go for the full mileage on our training calendar. I set out and completed 15 miles! It was a challenging route, but I did it (keep in mind a few of us ran a half marathon just the Sunday before). Go Team!

Waiting for all the participants at the end of this training run were family, friends, team honorees and personal honorees. What made Saturday extra special was that it was our Personal Honoree Picnic where fellow teammates were encouraged to share their personal connections to the cause. I heard many inspiring and emotional stories from those who lost loved ones, to those who are running for individuals currently undergoing treatment or are in remission. I decided to share "Team Strom's" story on why we began our journey with Team in Training. I was fortunate to announce that our personal honoree Tony is in remission, but it wasn't the case for other stories that were told...the tears were flowing, hugs were shared and many teammates stepped up to speak. I also decided to talk about our friends Steve and Carolyn. I thanked my fellow teammates for keeping them in their thoughts and prayers as Carolyn's husband Steve is currently undergoing treatment.

The stories that were shared this past Saturday is a constant reminder that we have to keep fighting! As always, I've included photos from this last weekend's adventure for you below. Simply click on them to enlarge them. Thanks again in advance for your support! -Lisa
My friends Ernie, Nikki & I on our 15-miler! We all ran the U.S. Half last Sunday. :)

Our fun "iRun" crew!

Yes, we still have the energy to plank! Do you see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment