Monday, April 30, 2012

What A Weekend!

I'll spare all the extra activities that kept us busy from last Friday through Sunday and jump right to the "running" portion. For my Facebook friends, you got the gist of what the weekend adventures provided!

I pretty much agreed to doing an "impromptu" Half Marathon with my running buddy Charlene on Sunday. She asked me to sign up just three days before the event! Why not right? Now keep in mind, we are technically suppose to take it easy in preparation for our TNT Avenue of the Giants Race this coming Sunday 5/6!!! The day before the race, I had a run with our wonderful Team in Training crew- Team Josh. I decided to just do over 6 miles (about a 10K) since I needed to save my legs for the race on Sunday and figured the race would add on the mileage that would equate to what some of our fellow marathoners were suppose to run. Are you still following me on this one??? All said and done, I did just over 19 miles this past weekend! What was insanely exciting for me was that Charlene and I accomplished a 2:04 finish time after all the craziness we had gone through days before. YAY (finisher photo below)!


Charlene & I after the Pleasanton Half Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment