Monday, May 14, 2012

20 Miler!

The longest run of the season for our team was this past Saturday. Participants ran up to 20 miles in preparation for the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll race the first weekend of June. Having just come off Avenue of the Giants on Sunday, May 6, I still decided to do the 20 miler and it was great! We ran in beautiful Tiburon, CA. There were some hills involved of course, but what our Coaches put us through, is well worth it because we go into our races well prepared. Some people ask why I decide to run as far as I do when I'm not necessarily signed up for a longer race (until July). I do it because I can, I do it to support others and my simple response is, "just because."

Travis is battling some slight injuries, but managed to still crank out 13 miles!!! We had the pleasure of seeing one of our team honorees, David, who was out there running with a big smile on his face and waited for everyone to finish, with lots of smiles and hugs to give out! I wish everyone could meet David; he's such an inspiration and positive individual to be around. We are nearing the next season of the Leukemia & Lymphoma's Team in Training and hope to be able to continue on in raising funds for this amazing organization. For those who haven't followed this blog page as often, one of my previous posts, was that my Birthday Wish this year is to be able to do another full season with Travis and the team. I can't do it without the wonderful support from individuals like you! Please help Team Strom stay together with TNT! :)
Melissa, Nikki & I Post Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment