Thursday, May 24, 2012

So Many Events, So Many Causes. It's All Good!

Do you have a fun run, mud race or other fitness event that you like participating in? Comment to this blog or e-mail me if you have my address.

We may talk about TNT/LLS often and by now you know why, BUT we also support other causes. In fact, a lot of events we sign up for benefit a charity, organization or the community. The majority of events out there have a cause they support.
I have had personal connections that got me involved to help causes such as the National MS Society (one of my best friends has it and does the walk every year), the American Diabetes Association (my uncle passed from it and I have friends living with it), the Alzheimer's Association (I know too many who lost loved ones to this) and the Muscular Dystrophy Association/ALS (participated in rides to MDA Camp, fundraising events, etc.).

I want to start taking a more in depth look at the Epilepsy Foundation. I think they don't get enough awareness as they should. "Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures" is their saying. One in 10 adults will have a seizure sometime during their life. I wish there was a cure for this, as I wish there were a cure for many of the other things people get diagnosed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment