Monday, October 22, 2012

Grape Stomp Half 10/21 Done!

My third race in two weeks was completed! I put in 6 miles on Saturday prior to Sunday's Grape Stomp Half (to get my long run training in). My running buddy Charlene did the Tarantula race the day before this one- way to go buddy!

The Grape Stomp Half was alright- not on my list to do again. 1. The race started about a half hour late. 2. There was disorganization and the MC just came up with long winded speeches about how "things happen." 3. I always carry my own fuel, but was surprised to see that no electrolytes were offered at any of the aid stations. This could have been a major issue if it had been warmer out. Also, I'm not sure if they stated whether there would be electrolytes or not on their webpage, but if they said there were going to, that may have messed up some people's nutrition plans. 4. The shirt and bag we got was nothing special. The only thing that made up for this race was the cute little grape medal that doubles up as a wine stopper. Other than that the route was part of some familiar areas that our coach has us do for Team In Training, which don't get me wrong, are nice views on good training terrain. Hey, we did the dang thing! At least I had my running buddy, we ran into some friends and also saw some Team Victorious members and other Nike finishers out there. -Lisa



2 comments: