Tuesday, October 9, 2012

San Jose Rock 'n' Roll!

This past Sunday, on October 7th, Travis, Ernie and I completed the San Jose Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon! I was very surprised at how well I did, considering I fell asleep in the car during the ride down to the race. I usually start slow and thought I was following my usual routine, until I looked over and saw that I was running with the 2 Hour pace guy. Pretty cool.

I ran for about 75% of the way with that pacer, until I decided to take it a little easier as I felt a little overheated (I don't do well with any remote heat) and still had the Nike Women's Half Marathon in sight for next weekend. Though I didn't PR (wasn't planning to) I finished with a new course best! Travis ran well, despite forgetting his socks! NOTE: NEVER FORGET YOUR SOCKS. He paid for it later having ran barefooted with his Nike Frees on the entire race.

Post race, we all enjoyed one of our favorite breakfast joints- Katy's Kreek. Bloodies were had by all, and Ernie and I of course had to get the SEAFOOD Eggs Benedict. Now I know all of my picky peeps back in the midwest are probably saying "yuck," but it is so good! If you ever make it out here, we should go to brunch there. DON'T WORRY! There are plenty of different eggs Benedict combinations to choose from!

Click To Enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment