Thursday, February 23, 2012

Breezy Inspires Me!

By Lisa: In a past Blog, I wrote about the Nike Women's Virtual Half and some of the individuals I thought about while running. Since that time, I learned of another friend who was diagnosed with Lymphoma. That individual is now one of the personal honorees that I run for with Team in Training as we help raise funds to find cures and support patients and their families. 

That being written, what this new blog update is about, is a follow-up regarding Breezy- one of the brave little girls I thought about during my race who is the niece of one of my coaches. A news station recently shared her story and though I wish I could embed the video on this blog, I was able to post the article that was written, which you can read via the link below:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/ten-year-old-cancer-patient-makes-tough-decision-g/nJywq/

Cancer, no matter what type, is terrible- period. No one wants to have a loved one affected by it, but sadly, it touches so many.


No comments:

Post a Comment